Once you have read about the categories available for residency, I advise the following:
Please also note that one or more previous convictions does not at all prevent you from applying for residency and, unless very serious, should not hinder your application. Clean police reports do NOT have to be translated if in Spanish, French, or English, but if there are previous convictions, they will need to be translated into Catalan.
d) Once you have received the police reports and at the same time of legalising or Apostillising them you should legalise or Apostillise your marriage certificate whether or not your spouse is accompanying you. There is a difference here, if your spouse is not accompanying you then just have your original marriage certificate apostillised, but if she is accompanying you then you must apply to your registry for a NEW certified copy which must have the issue date and then this certficate has the three month from date of issue rule as with police reports, I will guide you on this.
e) We can discuss your property requirements and start to prepare a shortlist of viewings based on your requirements for your intended visit. As part of my relocation package I offer my local advice and knowledge to choose the right area and suitable properties with local registered and reliable agents.
The procedure then follows these guidelines:
We will meet in the first instance and if you have not visited Andorra before I will arrange places for you to stay ( If not arranged in advance) and to visit areas and villages to get a feel for the country.
- We can open a bank account in Andorra, I can make all the necessary appointments for you. Bank accounts are now proving to be a major hurdle and can take up to 4- 5 weeks in extreme cases, thus it is important for me to advise you on documentary requirements. We can start the bank process in advance where urgent but face to face meetings for the banks are prima facie, the golden rule is 100% transparency. Please refer to the page on Andorran banks.
- We can look at property and set in motion any purchase or rental agreement based on property requirements for which I will have prepared a shortlist of viewings for you through a registered agent.
- Discuss a time frame and provide guidance on the documentary requirements
- We will complete the local required application forms and they are all done in Catalan. At that point also we can go over and clarify all aspects of your application.
- We will apply for the local health insurance if the declaration required cannot be obtained with your current insurer.
- We will ensure we have collected the correct local documents required including the bank certificate, health certificate, rental/purchase contract,
- We will file the application at an appointment with Immigration that I will have booked for you.
- The following day you will complete the medical interview and finally complete the transfer for the Government bond. Once accepted by Immigration you application is approved and your card will be issued in 3-5 weeks.
- If required we can also discuss the import of cars from your current country of residence, the Government allows tax free concessions in the first 12 months for the import of a maximum of two cars that you already own.
- Once the application is approved and the card issued I can collect it for you. There is then a follow up procedure that I can do for you at the local Comú to complete the paperwork at Immigration.
- I can also arrange utility contracts, and I can look after other miscellaneous matters that do not necessarily require your physical presence here.